Time of Infection

I'm a 43 0ld man.I always do my test in January.Last year(2011)my test came negative.But this year, in January it came positive with a CD4 count of 588 and the viral load of 4400.I would like to know how long have I been infected.I never got sick during this period.

Hello and sorry to hear about your positive test.

Other than the HIV antibody tests, it's difficult to know precisely when you were infected. Best we can say is that it was sometime between the two test points, and understanding that it usually takes 2-3 months after exposure for the test to turn up positive, you were likely exposed sometime between last January and November.

Hope that helps, BY

Complera, skipping dosage, methamphetamine usage
pep-hiv