Complera, skipping dosage, methamphetamine usage

What are the side effects both short term and long term, first for skipping 2 dosages of Complera, and secondly factoring in meth use?

Hello and thanks for posting.

First, let me say that I'm really not a fan of meth- it's bad for adherence and worse for addiction and long-term health.

Second, missing doses isn't a good thing, but one or two missed doses in the face of otherwise excellent adherence generally isn't a problem. Missing doses should be cause of a careful introspection to see if there is a common reason for the misses. Your mentioning of meth raises a bright red warning flag to me, as being high (especially on meth or heroin) frequently leads to frequent strings of missed doses. If this is the case for you, I'd strongly encourage having a discussion with your health care provider about the situation.

The overall basis for my concern is frequent missed doses with Complera can lead to the development of drug resistance. The pivotal clinical trials with Complera suggests that if treatment failure occurs with this regimen, it's frequently associated with a particularly bad form of multidrug resistance- the kind of thing that everyone really wants to avoid.

I hope that helps, BY

cd4 &viral load
Time of Infection