MODERN regime

Hello Dr. As naive I have been proposed to start a novel regimen under the study MODERN. I will be randomized to get maraviroc or truvada + prezista(2*400)/norvir + placebo. I didn't find an accurate list of possible side effects of this combination. I know I shouldn't concern a lot, but I was wondering what to expect, as the study is in double bind. Do you have any experience of previous patients?

I have another question about side effects: when they occur usually? The frist day, after weeks, more...?

Thanks from Italy

Buon giorno and thanks for posting from Italy.

I'm not familiar with the details of the study, but all of the medications that are listed are generally very well tolerated. I have a number of patients in our clinic who receive these medications and really can't report any significant problems with side effects.

We are mindful of the characteristic issues with Truvada (such as increased risk of kidney or bone injury) or of Norvir (increased cholesterol and triglycerides). The blinded aspect of the study simply means that you and your doctor won't know the full identity of your regimen, but that you will be receiving a multidrug regimen in either study circumstance.

Side effects, if they occur, are more likely to occur in the first days of treatment. If you don't experience them early, it's unlikely that there will be symptomatic problems later.

I hope that is helpful. Write us back and let us know how the study goes for you. BY

Medication and Alcohol
cd4 &viral load