diet support the liver

Hi I do hope this time I will have a answer. I use Truvada and Viramune 400mg. everything is one. Because of the medicine we all use I m a bit worried about my liver. I do drink beer ( not excessive) but could you recommend food, tea vitamins or whatever what could support the liver? I red something about White tea, one said it is really healthy but I red also that it is not good for the liver like milk chocolate etc. Please could you give me ( us) advise????? thanks so much Roy Amsterdam

Hello Roy from Amsterdam (one of my favorite cities of the world),

Liver health is an area that many rightfully pay attention to. Alcohol is something that is generally safe in moderation for most otherwise healthy individuals, including those who take HIV medications. On the other hand, if you have liver disease, or chronic viral hepatitis, I don't recommend alcohol, since there's evidence that the extra drink might actually increase the risk of liver disease progression. Similarly, acetaminophen (Tylenol) should be use with caution by this later group of people.

As for other diet or supplements, I don't find that there's any compelling evidence that this makes a large difference for liver health.

For all persons living with HIV, preventative vaccinations for hepatitis A and hepatitis B virus are recommended as is routine periodic laboratory assessments.

Be well, BY

Question About Liver Labs
Medication and Alcohol