NNRTI and HIV Binding
Apr 9, 2012
Dear Dr, Once NNRTI drugs bind the HIV virus. Will the same HIV virus get released once you stop drugs or does it bind permanently.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
NNRTIs bind non-competitively and reversibly to HIV reverse transcriptase enzyme. So once drug levels fall below critical levels, the enzyme is free to go about replicating HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Black Spots?
- Is Loose Stool An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.