NNRTI and HIV Binding
Apr 9, 2012
Dear Dr, Once NNRTI drugs bind the HIV virus. Will the same HIV virus get released once you stop drugs or does it bind permanently.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
NNRTIs bind non-competitively and reversibly to HIV reverse transcriptase enzyme. So once drug levels fall below critical levels, the enzyme is free to go about replicating HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Give Someone An Std?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- Bruise And Cut On Testicles And Hiv Transmission
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.