|needle stick injury?
Apr 7, 2012
About two weeks ago we were dissecting some animals in class and when I was cleaning up I pricked my finger (I was wearing gloves) with a dissecting pin. I didn't bleed but there's a little red dot. I can confirm no one had been pricked by the pin for at least 7 hours. Is there any risk?
| Response from Dr. Young
Let's see, you were dissecting non-human animals?
No risk. You can only get HIV from HIV-infected body fluids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And AIDS
- Can You Contract HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.