needle stick injury?
Apr 7, 2012
About two weeks ago we were dissecting some animals in class and when I was cleaning up I pricked my finger (I was wearing gloves) with a dissecting pin. I didn't bleed but there's a little red dot. I can confirm no one had been pricked by the pin for at least 7 hours. Is there any risk?
Response from Dr. Young
Let's see, you were dissecting non-human animals?
No risk. You can only get HIV from HIV-infected body fluids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Safe?
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Bactrim Ds Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.