Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Complera and Batrim DS

Can I take both these medications together? Per my doctor's orders I have been taking bactrim for a week now. She wanted me to take bactrim first before I start complera to see if I would have a bad reaction to it. Many praises to God, I did not have a bad reaction to bactrim. I was just wondering if it is ok to take both medications together at the same time? For example, when I eat my 400 or more calorie meal to take complera can I pop the bactrim with it?

Hi and thanks for posting.

In short, yes. TMP-SMX (Bactrim/Septra/Cotrimoxazole) can be taken with HIV medications, it's actually recommended for all persons with CD4 counts less than 200. There are no diet restrictions to taking Bactrim.

BY

the calypte aware oral mucosal transudate
HIV Drug