Apr 2, 2012
today my brother had a nose bleed and to cover his nose i gave him my t-shirt that i was wearing at the time, i don't know my HIV status, if i was HIV+ is there any chance of him getting infected like this ? please answer my question in worried thank you so much !!
Response from Dr. Young
You don't get HIV from t-shirts. There's no risk of HIV transmission.
That said, if you think that you might have HIV, it's a terrifically good idea for your health (and perhaps others) to get tested and know your status.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- Why Do I Always Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What Causes Hpv To Reoccur?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.