neuropathy

My Mom who is 73 has neuropathy in her upper legs(thigh and groin) and it is painfull, she does see a neurologist, they don't seem to be doing anything for her pain, she gets very weak in the legs and can't walk far. My Mom's brother also has drop foot which my Granfather had which is associated w/ ALS. What can I do to help her, she also has pulmonary M.A.C. and they seem to only want to focus in that!

Hello and sorry to hear about your mother.

From what you've described, it doesn't seem that she has a typical peripheral neuropathy, with involvement of her proximal (rather than distal) legs. Indeed, it would be good to know if she has neuropathy as opposed to a different cause of pain.

Understanding this degree of uncertainty and the frustration that you've expressed, it's time to have a thoughtful conversation with her doctors to explain her symptoms and concerns. If this isn't helpful, maybe a second opinion could be of benefit.

Good luck, BY

HBV Patient Medicine Question
Taking an Involuntary Break from my Regimen