Declining white blood count

Hello, I have been on meds for 4 yrs, Truvada and Viramune, no other meds. My CD4 count is 440 with a % of 38. However, my white blood cell count has been steadily declining for over a year. It was 4.0 a year ago and now stands at 2.8. (normal range on my lab report is 3.8 - 10.8) This a been steady decline, on every set of labs, for over a year now.

I have been feeling very fatigued and I'm a little concerned and was wondering if any action should be taken? Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

I don't think that I'd make too much of the decline in your total white blood cell count at this point. The practical difference between a WBC count of 4.0 and 2.8 is really not much.

On the other hand, the fatigue that you're experiencing does seem to meet my threshold for further evaluation. For example, do your labs point to anemia or low testosterone levels. Could you have a mood problem, like depression? Sleep disturbance/sleep apnea?

Hope that helps, BY

Norovirus
Taking with food (Norvir, Prezista, Truvada)