|smoking tobacco while on aspen lamzid PEP
Apr 1, 2012
Will smoking of tobacco neutralize Aspen Lamzid?
I have been on AL PEP for 3 weeks after a possible contact with infected blood. I have taken no alcohol and have not smoked tobac co at all. However, without thinking I lit up and smoked half a cig. Will this affect the PEP and neutralize it?
Will I now be at risk of contracting HIV?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While I never recommend tobacco smoking, smoking won't impact the effectiveness of PEP.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Open Mouth Kissing
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Touching Scratch On Skin
- Razors Scared To Death
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Rubbing Against Someone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.