meds along with supplements

I am curious as to what is best while on my hiv regimen:

a)taking my meds (prezista, norvir and truvada) together with the supplements l take (maitake, shiitake, reishi and vit A&E)or b)taking them in separate meals?

So far l have tried to take them in separate meals (lunch-supplements and dinner-hiv meds) but have sometime had to take them together and not sure it is ok...

Also, l was wondering if it is alright to drink ONE (not 2 or 3, just one) beer or glass of wine with dinner once a week or so, considering dinner is the meal with which l take my meds.

I'm very happy with my meds and only hope to do all l can in order to maintain good health and well-working meds as long as possible!

Thank you for your help and guideance! E.

Hello E. and thanks for posting.

Readers of my posts will know that I'm not a big fan of supplements (in general); there's little real evidence of effectiveness and little safety data on drug-drug interactions. Moreover (and because of this), I find them an over-promoted, unsubstantiated waste of hard earned money.

That said, I'm not aware of any significant drug interactions between your supplements and HIV meds. You could take them together if you choose.

As for the alcohol, it's ok to have an occasional drink so long as this doesn't interfere with your adherence to your HIV medications.

I share your goals of wanting to maintaing good health; I think that focus on supplements should be replaced with focus on a good balanced diet, getting routine exercise and perhaps above all else avoiding tobacco consumption.

Be well, BY

can I?
truvada viramune and steroid primobolan