missed medication

Hello Joseph, thank you guys for the great job you're doing here. To my previous question regarding the blood in my stool, it stopped. I hope! I have 2 more questions I'd want to ask. 1) I was on the travuda and sustiva therapy. Sometimes I get stomach pain normally in the morning after eating something or sometimes during daytime when I heavily move my body like running or something. The pain last about 3 to 4 minutes then it stops and it mostly pain at my lower abdominal area. It repeats like 3 times a week and I've been having it for about 3 weeks. But for a week now, I haven't been getting it. What could this be?

2) I missed my dosage which was the sustiva and travuda for 48 hours because I forgot it was finish and to get them on a saturday and the next day was sunday which most pharmacies didn't open or didn't have it. However I got a new one on monday but it is Atripila and just continued with it. Should this be fine or there's something I need to do? Thank you in advance J

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear J,

Not sure about the first complaint...it may have been a muscle pull since it was worse with movement, a kidney stone may be possible. Since you had blood in the stool it may have been a bout of colitis or mild diverticulitis. See how you feel and if it persists be sure to ask your doctor so you can be checked-out.

If your HIV viral load has been undetectable then missing a couple of days over the weekend on Atripla (or Truvada Sustiva) should not make any difference. There was a study done that showed that patients could skip the weekend dose with this combination and do fairly well (not that I would recommend that stategy), but once the virus is suppressed it gives you some breathing room.

Joe

Intelence and not eating because of GI issues
Atripla and changing time zones