Intelence and not eating because of GI issues

! am 64, diagnosed for 3 years, I am taking Truvada 1X and 200 mg of Intelence 2X daily. I was undetectable and T-cell count of 625 as of one month ago. I have recently been hospitalized for Gastritis and Diverticulitis and was placed first on IV only, then IV and clear liquid, liquid, and then a day on a mechanical soft diet before returning to a full diet. I explained to the doctor that it is necessary to take Intelence after a meal, he ignored that and told me I had to not take food. My question is how likely is it my current regimen has failed because of not eating? I do plan to be tested next week. Thank you.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I would not worry. Taking the medicine on an empty stomach will reduce the level of etravirine in the blood by about half. However, since your viral load had been undetectable for a long time already, and you were also taking your truvada, I do not think that a few days with reduced food intake will matter. In fact, the days when you were taking a light meal would also be sufficient to raise the blood levels. Check you test results and keep on with your meds, I think it will be fine. Hope all of the GI issues are resolved, Joe

Dizzyness
missed medication