Mar 28, 2012
I am in Thailand and had anal sex with ladyboy. Condom broke and he came inside me. Went to hospital and was tested neg. and given PEP. Ladyboy got tested negative 12 hours after sex with me. Doctors told me to stop taking PEP. What are my chances of still getting HIV. Thank you
| Response from Dr. Wohl
There remains a possibility that your partner was HIV infected but in the stage prior to antibodies to HIV becoming detectable (also called acute HIV infection). To be safe, I would recommend a 4 week course of PEP and retesting at between 1 and 3 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.