|is blood splash injury to eye safe?
Mar 27, 2012
i was splashed in the face with bloody saline while cleaning a suction tube , is transmition rare due to saline mixture or still a chance? thank you
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While this is a lower risk exposure, bloody body fluid contact with eyes is considered a possible risk. I'd suggest follow up with your employee health providers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Should You Wait Before Taking An Hiv Test?
- Do The Health Departments List People With Hiv?
- Can Hepatitis Be Transferred By Food Preparers?
- Are Nail Salons A Low Risk For Hepatitis?
- It Is Rare For An Hiv Negative Man To Get Hiv From Vaginal Sex
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.