Moved from Ca to GA, ADAP waiting list

So I recently moved from CA to GA, I was enrolled in ADAP in CA and taking Complera. And now I'm trying to enroll here in GA, but I come to find out that there in a HUGH waiting list here, that I will be put on. I talked to a case manager, and she did mention that because I'm currently on treatment, that there might be a possibility to get my meds directly the pharmaceutical companies. So I want to know how what are the possibilities of that happening, and if not, I am worried that I will be put on this waiting list and have to stop taking my meds (complera). Also, would I build a resistance if I am forced to stop taking them?

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties.

This is a huge problem with the way our health care system is set up, it is run state by state (which will not change by the way with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act).

The number for the Gilead Patient Assistance Program is: 1 800 226 -2056.(http://www.gilead.com/us_advancing_access).

I wish you succcess.

Joe

Viral Culture
My partner may start meds, What should we do?