|missing drug one day or taking twice
Mar 26, 2012
What should I do 1. If I've missed a dose of ART 2. If by accident I've taken the drug twice on the same day Please tell me if this happens what should the immediate action to be taken?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
1) If you've missed a single dose of ART, don't worry. Just continue taking your medications on schedule. Be sure to try to understand the circumstances that led to the missed medication and if possible minimize the possibility in the future.
2) If you've double dosed by accident, (just like above), just continue on your regular dosing. There's only a small chance that you might have increased side effects with the subsequent dose, but thereafter, you're back to your schedule. It can get confusing if you've try to skip and catch up with dosing later.
I hope that's helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will A Pap Smear Come Back Abnormal If You Have Hpv?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What's The Difference Between Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- What Does An Infected Eye With Chlamydia Looks Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.