tpha + treatment

i am 47 yrs i have tpha positive titre 1:1280 past 15 yrs i have taken 10 24lac penicilen inj two two days after it means in 20 days 10 inj i check now it is same titre 1:1280 give me a good advise the titre is more or little or it is harmfull

Hello and thanks for posting.

The TPHA titer is a measure of how much syphilis antibodies your body is producing. The titer itself isn't harmful, it is the untreated syphilis that is.

It's recommended to obtain a titer at the time of first treatment (as you have, though a couple of days after). One would not expect the test to show decreases in such a short period of time. You should have a follow up titer after treatment is completed.

The UCSF HIV InSite webpage recommends: "After treatment for syphilis, patients should be reexamined clinically at 1 to 2 weeks and retested with a quantitative nontreponemal test at 3, 6, 9, 12, and 24 months after treatment for primary, secondary, and early latent syphilis and at 6, 12, 18, and 24 months after treatment for late latent syphilis or syphilis of unknown duration".

I hope that is helpful, BY

really worried
How soon before I see results