Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

im scared please help and my wife is pregnant
Mar 25, 2012

hello doctor. a year ago i had oral sex with a woman for 5 min i never went to her opening i just stayed at the clit and after i rubbed my penis on her clit for 30 sec. 3 days later i felt sick and three weeks after that i felt flu like symptoms and had dieria for a week or so. but the day i start feeling sick i did take prevacid for my gerds and drank vodka with out eating. the woman is known to sleep around so im worried that she gave me hiv but i asked her if she had hiv and she said no but she did say she had herpys but she said the herpys happened after me and her. ive been getting canker sores in my mouth from time to time also and i think i got them a couple days after i did oral on her. my wife is a month pregnant and i wouldnt no what to do if the doctor told her she was hiv possitive. please respond doc. i never had vaginal sex at all with the woman thoe. my penis never entered into her body i know oral is a low risk but do my symptoms sound hiv related? i didnt have a fever ,swollen lymph nodes or rash. ive been trying to get an anser to my question for a year and im on pins a needles doc.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Everything that you described tells me that your exposure was very minimal. Oral sex does carry the lowest risk of HIV transmission. It does sound as if you may have contracted Herpes. Most OBGYN's offer HIV testing as part of a routine testing for women who are pregnant. I would ask if this has been done for your wife. I would recommend HIV testing for yourself as well, if anything for peace of mind. But again, was HIV transmission possible, yes, probable NO!

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
HIV Doctors
Next
really worried

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.