From reyataz to Prezista

Hi Doctor, My doctor want to switch from reyataz to prezista due to the yellowing of my eyes and skin, he is afraid that I stop the meds because of side effect w/o asking him. I would never do something like that but he still want to do the change. My vl is undetectable and cd4 is 839 , should I make that change ? is it true that prezista make you fat? I am so nervous .... please help!!!!

Hi and thanks for posting.

No need to be nervous. Both Reyataz (atazanavir) and Prezista (darunavir) are highly recommended first-line HIV protease inhibitors. If the yellowing of the eyes and skin are problematic, a switch from on to the other will minimize this side effect without any significant risk of new effects (including fat changes).

Hope that helps. BY

im on atripla for my HIV
What about the cure???