meds and travelling

My son is travelling to Buenos Aires (Argentina) this coming friday, he is planing to take his Atriplas in his back pack, will it be safe to put some of the Atriplas in a diferent bag that will go in the cargo area,because I am worried that he might loose the ones in the back pack is a 9 hours flight and don't know what is the temperature in the cargo area, as the Atripla needs to be at certain room temperature, I have a lot of anxiety with this trip, he wants to be there for 3 weeks, he is visiting his father,and his father does no know about his hiv status.I really will apreciate if you answer me a.s.a.p. as he is leaving the day after tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I generally don't recommend that one becomes separated their medications while flying- never know if the bags are going to get lost or delayed. The baggage compartment is definitely not room temperature, but stowage there shouldn't be a problem for medications stability.

I hope that helps and wish your son safe travels. BY

REYATAZ CONCERN!!
thanks