Missed doses / double doses

Hello Dr. I have a general question and one concern. First, the concern: I think I missed one doses of Atripla. My last numbers were 77 viral load, almost three months ago, so I would expect to be undetectable now. I think I missed it for one day and I am very concern about the consequences. Could you please let me know what are the risks of these? The second is a general question, so I am actually not sure I missed that doses, according to my partner I did take it, but that day at the middle morning I was in the dilemma between taking again a pill and having potentially a double doses or not taking any assuming the risk that I actually forgot and have a missed doses. In the future, which of these options should I go for?

Hello and thanks for posting.

A single viral load of 77 has no real importance- especially if the preceding tests were undetectable.

While it's not a perfect score, our medications do a very good job in suppressing the virus. Remember, the goal is 95% adherence, not perfection.

So, if you miss a dose, it's often better just to not worry about trying to play catch up, as doubling doses could lead to unwanted side effects or toxicity. Rather, try to understand the reasons behind the miss and make any adjustments.

Be well, BY

Missed Atipla Pill For 72 Hours -VERY nervous
Cool Drinks and grapes during ART?