Mar 14, 2012
i used my fathers razer by which i got a very small cut and not almost a drop of blood came out.my father does not have any kind of disease ,there was no blood on it and the wound i got was microscopic.will it be a danger?
Response from Dr. McGowan
No. Even if your father did have HIV it would not be a risky situation. The virus does not survive on a dried surface, like a piece of metal on a razor blade.
Since you are now old enough to shave you should start getting your own razor! It is a right of passage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens When Bacterial Vaginosis Goes Untreated?
- What Foods To Stay Away From When You Have Genital Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like On Your Face?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.