hiv poz &pregnant

I AM HIV POSITIVE AND 8MONTHS PREGNANT.AM TAKING ALUVIA AND LAMZID,I STARTED WHEN I WAS ABOUT 7MONTHS 3WEEKS,I TAKE 2 TABLETS TWICE A DAY AND LAMZID I TAKE 1 TABLET TWICE A DAY WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECT.THE BABY IS STILL SAFE?

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're taking a very highly recommended HIV regimen to prevent transmission from mother to child. It is considered to be very safe, far safer than the risk of having your child contract HIV. The dose that your taking of Alluvia (we call it Kaletra) and Lamzid (we call it Combivir) is correct.

Some people who take this combination experience nausea (from either medication), diarrhea (from the Alluvia) or headaches (usually from the Lamzid).

I hope that's helpful. Best of health to you and your baby. BY

A question about Isentress/Truvada
Maraviroc as PrEP?