after pep again :-)
Mar 3, 2012
I just wanted to make sure about post PEP testing.You told me that after 12 weeks post exposure I am done testing. Is the 3 months post exposure test absolutely final? And no need to worry until 6 months mark? Has anything changed in the guidelines or this is from practical point of view? Sorry for bothering but this information made me so happy I just can't believe and wanted to make sure best regards
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Yes, 3 months is generally considered adequate. There are many more discussions on this topic at our Forum on Safe Sex and Prevention. FWIW, US nPEP guidelines do discuss testing at 6 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Flagyl Treat Vaginal Cysts?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.