thrush

i develop thrush on tongue only, after treatment with 2 week of miconazole oral gel, then 1 week of itrconazole tablets but still no effect, will planning to blood test, my question is that different between normal thrush and the person living with hiv thrush, thank Dr. and sorry for my poor english

Hello and thanks for posting.

After the treatments that you've had, I'd find it pretty unusual that your thrush hasn't improved.

I have to wonder if you really had oral candidiasis (thrush) or simply had a white coating on your tongue for other reasons. Indeed, it's unusual for thrush to be isolated to the tongue- usually, the same lesions are found on the palate and back of the throat. If you didn't have these, it's unlikely that you had thrush in the first place, and hence, the lack of treatment response.

BTW, there's no specific blood test for thrush, nor is there a difference between "normal" and "HIV" thrush- both are infection due to the yeast, Candida.

Be well, BY

broken skin and broken skin!!!
viread kidney news - should I be concerned?