Please answer: PCR DNA test required? Asking 4th time, please reply

Hello doctor, I received a protected BJ from a girl of unknown status but before putting the condom on, she put it in her mouth. I am not sure that some saliva got inside the condom or not. I took tests (MEIA and/or p24 written on report) at 6 weeks, 12 weeks, 25 weeks and 10 months mark. All were negative. Now I read on the internet that PCR DNA test is more acurate than these antibody tests. so my question is 1. Do you also think and recommend me to do PCR DNA test? 2. Are my previous test results definitive or not? Kindly reply.

Response from Dr. McGowan

The PCR test is not more accurate. In fact, in a low risk situation as you describe, it may generate false information. The test is not designed to diagnose HIV infection, but to monitor the level of virus in the blood to help plan and assess the response to suppressive therapy. We may on occasion use it in a person with acute symptoms of HIV infection and an inconclusive antibody test to make an earlier diagnosis. In your case it would have no role since your tests have been negative well beyond the expected conversion period. You need no further testing. Joe

A question to your recent response...
Residual Viral Load Suppression post-meds