Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A question to your recent response...
Feb 27, 2012

Hi Dr. In regards to your response to http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Meds/Q220156.html on Feb 24th, how can any of us who have had multiple neg elisas and rna's and even a bDna well beyond the 6 month point (my last neg rapid test was 4 years post supposed exp) and that have non-specific symptoms suppose to move on??? Could the virus be in us after all?? Please enlighten me and thank you. God Bless

Response from Dr. McGowan

The answer is that the symptoms are "non-specific". To obsess on one possibility (especially when there is now definitive evidence that this is NOT the cause of your symptoms) is not healthy and will not allow you to move on and, potentially find the cause of your discomfort. Speak with your doctor. I would take a focus on your diet and health eating. The body has a great ability to keep itself in balance and, given the right nutrients, may help you feel better.

Best, Joe

Previous
what does it mean?
Next
Please answer: PCR DNA test required? Asking 4th time, please reply

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.