Any options?

I have been taking Reyataz, Truvada, Norvir for 7 years . I'm resistant to Sustiva. Can I switch to this new once a day one pil Complera?

Hi and thanks for posting.

I'm slow to switch people off of successful regimens, especially ones like yours that remain part of the Preferred regimens on current US treatment guideliens.

Since the medications in Truvada are also found in Complera, the notion of a switch from your boosted atazanavir regimen to Complera is of course, attractive.

What's at issue is the NNRTI resistance that you have- Complera includes the NNRTI rilpivirine. Depending on the extent of resistance (the type or number of resistance mutations) that your virus has to efavirenz (Sustiva) could make the switch ill advised. I'd speak to your doctor about the safety of such a switch.

Be well, BY

22 years
pcp pnemonia AIDS