Trazodone HCL with HIV meds
Feb 20, 2012
I was wondering if it is safe to take Trazodone HCL for slight insomnia along with HIV Meds: Truvada, Norvir, and Reyataz. My partners doctor prescribed this to him because he has not been sleeping well.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's ok to use trazodone to help with sleep while taking HIV medications. As is always the case, I recommend using the lowest effective dose needed.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Percentage Rate Of Catching Hiv Through A Infected Syringe
- How Do You Get Rid Of Cryptosporidiosis?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching Scratch On Skin?
- Can You Get AIDS From Licking Vagina?
- HIV Infection Risk Blood In Mouth
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Mutual Masturbation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.