|PEP n more pep
Feb 19, 2012
My pep meds were amended to be:
1) Aluvia 100/400 - every 12 hours 2) Combid 300 - every 12 hours 3) Stocrin 600 once a day
Is keeping the Stocrin included going to just help the success chances even more? Or is it totally unnecessary and should drop it. Doctor left it up to me but I don't know enough about these to make such decisions.
Lastly, if I were able to get my hands on Fuzeon, would taking it too be okay?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Current US guidelines for PEP recommend the use of AZT/3TC (Combivir) and lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra/Alluvia) for 1 month. Efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) is not recommended, nor is it helpful to add with Combivir and Aluvia. Same is true for enfuvirtide (Fuzeon) I'd stop the Stocrin.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Am Pregnant And I Have Hiv Can I Still Have Sex
- If Hiv Is Not Treated What Would Happen?
- How Does Hiv Look?
- What Percent Of Teens Get Hiv And Aids?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show In Less Than A Week?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.