Feb 17, 2012
Hi Doc, I am on Aripla now for 1 year after infection. My Viral load is undetectable and my CD 4 range between 200-300. I get rough outbreaks of eczema on my scalp, I had this even before I was diagnosed with HIV. I have tried everything but the only thing that helps me is hydrocortisone butyrate - a product called "locoid lotion". I apply this to my scalp when ever I get a rash. I was wondering if it could have any negative reactions to my CD4 or to HIV over all.
Best regards, Cape Town
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello Cape Town and thanks for posting.
There's no significant drug-drug interaction between topical hydrocortisone and your HIV medications.
If you're symptoms persist, make sure to let your healthcare provider aware.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.