Aloe vera

I've read reports on the efficiency of aloe-vera for increasing the immunity. There is still no scientific basis for this property of Aloevera. I'm already on ART. Can I take Aloe along with it to increase my immune power? What other things would you recommend to increase the cd4 count?

Hello and thanks for posting.

There's little convincing scientific data to support the use of aloe in treating HIV. A nice (if somewhat older) review of the topic was written by the Canadian HIV Treatment Exchange. I'm doubtful of claims of increasing your "immune power".

The best thing that you can do to increase your CD4 cell count is to stay on a monitored HIV treatment regimen (ART). Be patient, if your viral load is suppressed, CD4s nearly always improve; sometimes slowly, but counts do climb.

Be well, BY

RNA
SB-728-T