isoniazid and alcohol
Feb 8, 2012
I was diagnosed with latent TB a few months back and my doc suggested I should be treated for it. I have been HIV+ for 4 years, on Atripla, undetectable, CD4 1006, CD% 37, low cholesterol, athletic and very healthy. I am a social drinker, just a few beers or wine now and then. Will I still be able to consume alcohol while on isoniazid?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
I generally don't recommend drinking alcohol while one's taking isoniazid; there's an increased risk of alcohol problems and rarely liver issues. That said, if you choose to drink, it's by no means the end of the world, go easy and understand that you could be a (very) easy date.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
- Does Vicodin Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.