Flu Medicine

Dear Doc

My friend was diagnosed as HIV + person recently. I'm trying helping him get through this. He was prescribed to take Duviral twice a day and Efavirenz once a day. But he got common cold and sprue; also got throat inflamation. Is it possible for him to take medicine containing paracetamol, aspirin? Is there any side effect?

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're sage in recognizing the potential for drug-drug interactions between HIV medications and others. Fortunately for your friend, there aren't any significant problems with the medications that you list.

I hope he gets over the flu soon. BY

No Energy and Flu-like feeling
Isentress and Truvada