Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

getting better
Feb 1, 2012

Dear Dr Young,

I sent message (will my cd4 rise?) to you 09/11/2011 my CD4 was 60 VL 27 and had an OI (Cryptococcus). Just got my lab results and CD4 is 139 CD4 9% VL undetectable and no OI anymore! :) I'm so glad medicines (Epivir, Isentress, Viread) are working correctly without any side effects! Hope I can reach CD4 200 that is the next step for me! What do you think? What should I do to make sure to reach 200? Look forward your reply! All the best!

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Great to hear that you're doing so well. Your undetectable HIV viral load is a strong marker that your medications are working well, and a CD4 count that has more than doubled in 3-4 months is also so.

I'd expect your counts to continue to rise- in previous clinical trials with similar Isentress-based regimens, a ~200 cell rise was the average in the first year.

As to what to do- most important is to stay as adherent as possible to your regimen. Next, make sure to continue to get routine health and lab monitoring; work on other preventive health issues, such as smoking, other substance use, diet, exercise, mental health, etc.

Best of health to you in this new year, BY

Previous
surgeon from india here
Next
Truvada, Isentress, with Extenze?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.