getting better

Dear Dr Young,

I sent message (will my cd4 rise?) to you 09/11/2011 my CD4 was 60 VL 27 and had an OI (Cryptococcus). Just got my lab results and CD4 is 139 CD4 9% VL undetectable and no OI anymore! :) I'm so glad medicines (Epivir, Isentress, Viread) are working correctly without any side effects! Hope I can reach CD4 200 that is the next step for me! What do you think? What should I do to make sure to reach 200? Look forward your reply! All the best!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Great to hear that you're doing so well. Your undetectable HIV viral load is a strong marker that your medications are working well, and a CD4 count that has more than doubled in 3-4 months is also so.

I'd expect your counts to continue to rise- in previous clinical trials with similar Isentress-based regimens, a ~200 cell rise was the average in the first year.

As to what to do- most important is to stay as adherent as possible to your regimen. Next, make sure to continue to get routine health and lab monitoring; work on other preventive health issues, such as smoking, other substance use, diet, exercise, mental health, etc.

Best of health to you in this new year, BY

surgeon from india here
Truvada, Isentress, with Extenze?