can i got hiv , or H.ABC
Jan 31, 2012
hello DR. Phlebotomist put a needle on the table without cap before blood drawn can i got hiv or hepe. ABC , because needle touched surface(table) but surface was clean , but i am worried can is it possible i got disease. i am very much worried about it i cant do anything , always thinking and thinking very depreesed. thanks if you will give me answer .
Response from Dr. McGowan
Would not worry. If there was no blood on the table, there would be no risk of getting a sterile needle contaminated with those infections (hepatitis A,B or C). However, bacteria could be on the surface, so if it was touched, a new needle should have been used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Headache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.