Can Hep C + persons donate organs
Jan 18, 2012
Can Hep C+ persons donate organs other than liver to others in general or to others infected by Hep C
Response from Dr. Young
There are many local and national standards to organ and tissue donation, but in general, HIV and HCV are restrictions to donation. That said, there is a movement to have the ban on HIV+ donations in the US, so that positives who need organs might find a larger pool of potential donors. Here's a link to an interesting article in the New York Times on the subject.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Things Cause A False-positive HIV Test Result?
- Can Hepatitis C Be Transmitted Through Food Preparation?
- Heterosexual Vaginal Sex Should I Be Worried About Hiv
- Early Hiv Symptoms In Mouth
- Interview With Someone Who Has Aids Or Hiv
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.