once a week treatment
Jan 15, 2012
Do you think in the near future HIV treatment will be 1x week or month? Do you see any new drugs on the horizon that will be like that? Thanks!
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
In short, no.
There aren't any currently approved HIV medications that are dosed -weekly or monthly. One investigational entry inhibitor, PRO 140 is being evaluated as a once-weekly intravenous infusion.
Since current medication regimens require three medications, it's unlikely that we'll see entirely once-weekly (or monthly) regimens in the near-term future.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.