truvada to ricovir-em

hi. i am an Hiv positive person living and working in Thailand. i have been on truvada and sustiva for two years now and doing quite well. My cd4 is around 600 and viral load less than 40 copies %30. i am about to go and get my monthly supply of medicine but, i am told that Thailand has run out of Truvada. I'm really worried. However my doctor told me that they could let me try Ricovir-em isntead. I have never heard of this medicine. do you have any information on this medicine and would it replace Truvada? I only have medicine for another 3 days so i'm starting to panick a bit. I would really appreciate your opinion on this. Thank you very much.

Frank

Thailand

Hello Frank and thanks for posting from beautiful Thailand.

Ricovir-em is a generic coformulation of tenofovir and emtricitabine (FTC), the same medications in Truvada. While I have no direct experience with Ricovir-em, the manufacturer, Mylan has received FDA approval for other generic HIV medications (for use in certain countries outside of the US and Europe)- as such, I'd think that the quality of the medication should be reasonable.

No need to panic, but it's reasonable at any treatment change to monitor for any changes in side effects or lab tests.

Let us know how this works for you, BY

reyataz dosing
Atripla and osteoporosis