Vitamis addict?

Hello Doctor BY, I am a little concern about the vitamins supplement that I am currently taking . My Mother say that I am a little addictive to them ,I would love to hear your opinion ,here is the list of all the supplements . SUPER B-COMPLEX ACAI (ANTIOXIDANT SUPPORT) VITAMIN D 1000 I.U CALCIUM VITAMIN A 8000 I.U VITAMIN C 500 MG SELENIUM 200 MCG TRIPLE OMEGA (FISH,FLAXSEED,SAFFLOWER AND OLIVE OILS) GREEN TEA PLUS HOODIA 315 MG LUTEIN 20MG ZINC 50MG VITAMIN E 1 MULTIVITAMIN (CENTRUM) CO-Q10 PROBIOTIC

I DRINK A LOT OF GREEN TEA BECAUSE I LOVE IT , DO YOU THINK THAT IS BENEFICIAL?? MY CD4 IS HIGH AND MY VL IS UNDETECTABLE WITHIN 24 WEEKS AFTER STARTED TREATMENT . DO YOU THINK THAT I AM OVER DOING SUPPLEMENTS? PLEASE DOCTOR BE HONEST . I HAVE TO MENTION THAT I STOP VITAMIN E AND A FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BECAUSE SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT IT CAN AFFECT MY KIDNEY I BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE MY RIGHT KIDNEY WAS BOTHERING ME AND WHEN I DID STOP THE E AND A VITAMIN IT WHEN AWAY.

PLEASE HELP!!!

DAYLET .

Hello Daylet and thanks for posting.

I'm not sure I'd call vitamins addictive, but from what you've posted, you do indeed take a lot of supplements.

In general, I'm not a big fan of needless supplements, but rather suggest to my patients that they focus on getting a balanced diet, rich in fruits, vegetables and grains. At the most, I recommend taking a multi-vitamin and, if one's diet (as is common) is low in calcium and vitamin D, these supplements.

As for the rest, (and I'm sure that this will kick open a hornet's nest of complaints) I find them to be over-promoted, evidence-lacking and a waste of money.

Be well, BY

POSITIVE HIV 1 ANTIBODY TEST BUT NO RNA FOUND IN PCR TEST
reyataz dosing