HIV Transmission and Exact test of confirmation

Hello Dr. I have asked the same question and was waiting eager for the answer with no luck. Please answer my question. My 3 year niece scratched an AIDS patient and then scratched me immediately with in minutes. This incident happened in 2004 January. After that incident I developed many symptoms like night sweats, soar throats, stomach ulcers, body rash, weight loss, diarrhea. I got tested my HIV(RNA Test) in 2007 january along with ELISA Test with -ve result. I am still having soar throat, stomach ulcer, frequent lightheadedness... Please suggest me my condition and suggest me If I am infected with HIV or any STD. Please suggest me the best tests. I AM EAGERLY WAITING FOR ANSWER. PLEASE RESPOND.

Hi We are trying to get caught up with questions and apologize that answering your question has taken a bit. There are two aspects to your question about the scratch. The first is the likelihood of transmission is very unlikely, the second is that it happened in 2004 and in 2007 you were tested HIV negative. You are negative from that incident. With your ongoing symptoms I strongly recommend that you follow up with your Health Care Provider.

Be well, Shannon

possible hiv infection for 1 year old baby?
Everything but test points to HIV