Prezista or Edurant

I am currently taking Kaletra + Truvada for nearly 4 years, and my doctor's recommending a switch to Prezista + (TDF/ABC) or Edurant + (TDF/ABC) due to high triglycerides and hyper-pigmentation. My question is : which combination is more suited for me? And is there any other choice instead of the ABC?

Response from Dr. McGowan

The choice of a combination would have to be based on the past resistence that your virus may have developed. Tenofovir and abacavir together is an unusual combination, it's selection would have to be based on results of resistance testing (genotypes or phenotypes) from your records. Prezista would have to be combined with ritonavir, and may have a better lipid effect than Kaletra. Most studies show that changing meds to improve lipids may be less effective than taking meds to correct the lipid problem, has that been tried?

Joe

Risk of infection
treatment failure - need urgent advice