razor blade risk??
Jan 6, 2012
my razor blade exposed to small drop of hiv blood !!after 5 ve done water wash then i used this blade for shaving..!!!..what are the chances of contracting hiv??pls help me!!
Response from Dr. McGowan
It seems you have been sharing a razor with a person infected with HIV, if that is the case, the risk of you getting infected is dependent on a few things:
1) What is the viral load (the amount of virus in the blood) of the person you are sharing razors with? The lower his level the less risk of transmission. 2) Was there visible blood on the razor? 3) Did the razor cut your skin and cause it to bleed (this would be required for any risk). If you did not cut through your skin with it there is NO (zero) risk. 4) If there was blood on the razor was it dried? If dried there would be no risk.
So these are the factors that would be able to assess your risk. Even if all risks were high, the chances are still low (less than 1 in 250) of getting infected this way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- What Ways Can You Get Trichomoniasis?
- Burning Sensation Of Legs And Knees
- Can Jerking Off All The Time Make You Blind?
- Can Other Blood Work Tell You If You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.