|viral load reference
Jan 6, 2012
hello doctor, is there any base level viral load above which HAART is recommended to start?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While high viral loads (>100,000 copies/ml) favor the more rapid initiation of HIV treatment, the viral load value alone is generally not used as measure of when to start treatment.
That said, there is a trend towards recommending the initiation of treatment in more and more people, as medications become better tolerated and more effective.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.