dosage

hello doctor, what should be the dosing of a combination of zidovudine+lamivudine+nevirapine for treatment beginner? is it safe? i am particularly afraid of atripla because of its rash severe rash as side effect which has no treatment. which combination is better regarding viral load suppression and cd4 increase? regards.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'm not sure that I would agree with your conclusion that Atripla is of greater side effect risk than the ZDV+3TC+nevirapine regimen that you list. Rash is also a potential side effect of nevirapine; in our hands (and US government treatment guidelines), the medications in Atripla are "preferred" category, whereas the medications in the ZDV+3TC+ nevirapine are listed in the lower category of "acceptable".

I'd suggest perusing our Resource Center on Starting HIV Treatment. It should provide a more comprehensive overview for your questions.

Be well, BY

Atripla vs Sustiva, Emtriva & Viread
viral load reference