Fact or not

I need to know if the is true or if she made a mistake ? it came from this forum http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Treatment/Q22752.html?ic=2003 Dr. Aberg said: "Even when someone has contact with moist blood on an intact skin surface, the risk of transmission is almost zero." ---- Why is it almost Zero, I thought if you touch blood on intact skin it zero because there is no cuts? isn't intact skin a barrier to hiv, so why almost? the almost has me confused? please clear my doubts. & if this fourm is wrong can you please remove it? thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

Given that there are more lawyers than doctors, us docs tend to be very conservative in making absolute statements. I think that you could be over interpreting Dr. Aberg's 2003 words- the risk from exposure on truly intact skin essentially zero. Exposure to intact skin is simply not a way that HIV is transmitted.

BY

still confused
Shannon, you and Dr Bob have conflicting opinions?